At SGSS, we believe in creating a working environment that keeps employees excited and motivated about their careers. To accomplish this goal, we are a company with low overhead costs and have the philosophy that the bottom line profit was generated by all the employees and thus should be shared by all the employees. Not only does SGSS offer exceptional salaries, but it boasts an unbelievable fully-company funded benefit package:
- Retirement brokerage account
- 401K plan
- Vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- Educational assistance
- Fully paid major medical and dental insurance for employees and their dependents
- $100,000 Life Insurance as well as short/long term disability insurance
In exchange for these outstanding benefits, SGSS expects top quality performance from its employees. We seek engineers who are highly motivated and who want challenging work. There are currently openings for engineers and new graduates with any of the following qualifications: C/C++, UNIX, Windows XP, embedded systems, real-time command and control, networking, and interprocessor communications with degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics. Positions are located in the Washington, DC area. Engineers can expect to work on:
- Real-time embedded processors used to control ground station remote equipment (antenna controllers, RF calibration and setup, etc.)
- Offline data reduction and analysis using a graphical user interface to produce displays and reports from archived telemetry data
- Telemetry decommutation and processing
- Command uplink formatting and execution
- Real-time recording of all satellite and ground system status
- Orbitology, stationkeeping and maneuver planning software
- Other mission specific software required for various satellite health and maintenance functions.
SGSS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Our employment policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other protected class.